Saturday, June 1, 2013

Keep on meditating!

Life is full of surprises.  Over the Memorial Day Weekend while I was enjoying being with Amma, the famous humanitarian and hugging saint of India, I ended up with a detached retina. After emergency surgery Tuesday morning I am now at home for at least two weeks keeping my head face downward while the retina reattaches and heals.  I feel so blessed to have a good support network of brothers and sisters in faith, and I am particularly thankful for a very dear daughter, Elizabeth, who hopped on a plane and came to take care of her mother the last few days.

For all those in my regular meditation groups, please keep meeting and meditating together until I can rejoin you.  I will be meditating at home during the same time, so we will be together in spirit.  

I am reminded of instruction in how to pray from the Philokalia, about keeping the chin against the chest.  It is a very humble pose.  My heart and my head both bow before our Lord, and I know his mercy is abundant beyond my comprehension.

Keep meditating.

No comments: